Spanish Travel Classes is an online platform for students who want to learn Spanish in Latin America. The website acts as a source of information and makes it easy to book language courses online. Use of the website and services of Spanish Travel Classes is subject to the general terms and conditions.
• Spanish Travel Classes act as an intermediary, which students and language school no rights can be derived from. In case of disputes between students and a language school, Spanish Travel Classes cannot be held liable.
• All bookings are strictly personal and non-transferable to other people.
• With the payment of the invoice for the language course (and accommodation), the student accepts the Terms and Conditions, as well as the rules of the partner school.
• Spanish Travel Classes always strive to achieve that language programs are as outlined in the trip outline from the website. However, Spanish Travel Classes cannot be held responsible for changes (if the actual program is different from the one described).
• Changes and adaptions in a language program might have to be made due to weather, emergency, or other special situations. No additional fees can be charged, and neither refunds will be given due to these circumstances unless differently decided in mutual accordance with a partner school.
Travel and Arrival
• The student is responsible for arranging and paying for their own travel, including all airfares or other transport costs to and from the host country as well as any local transport costs, unless it is specified in the program description that local transportation is included.
• Students must inquire information about visa rules and regulations, and other entry requirements. The responsibility of obtaining visas and being in compliance with local legislation is the students.
• Students are responsible for proof of onward travel to their host country. That means that airlines and governments want to make sure you are not illegally immigrating to their country.
Insurance and Medical Advice
• It is the student’s responsibility to get medical advice regarding vaccinations and to have proof of vaccination when that is mandatory by a host country.
• It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that they are in good physical and mental health for the language course in which they will be participating. Students are required to have their own medical & travel insurance.
• If students are participating in adventure language programs, it might be required that students need to sign a release waiving liability and assuming the risk of injury, loss and damage that can happen during the language course. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that their travel or medical insurance policy covers the activity in which they are participating.
• Partner schools reserve the right to extend or change timetables of Spanish lessons.
• The school always deserves the right to change a group course into private classes in case there are not enough students to form a group at the same level. If this happens, the number of private lessons may be fewer than the group course booked.
• Missed days cannot be refunded, rescheduled, or transferred to another period or to another person.
• There are no classes on national holidays. However, partner schools may replace the classes on another date or will provide more lesson hours on another day.
• In case the accommodation as booked is not available, students may be placed in other types of accommodation of similar quality.
• The student may be charged for the replacement of items broken either intentionally or through negligence.
• Spanish Travel Classes and the partner school are not responsible for any personal items left in the student accommodation premises or at the host families.
• Volunteer placements are all subject to change.
• The volunteer is expected to work till the end of the placement. If the volunteer will stop with the project earlier, no refund on accommodation or the volunteer fee will be given.
• Spanish Travel Classes requests the full payment of the total invoice sum for any language program, to guarantee the reservation. Full payment is requested immediately, before the start of the language program.
• Transaction costs for bank wires are to be covered by the client. There is a surcharge for payments via PayPal.
Refund and Cancellations
• Spanish Travel Classes must be notified of all cancellations in writing.
• For changes of any kind, a USD $25 change fee will be charged. All changes are subject to availability.
• If the cancellation is made more than 31 days before the program begins: only the USD $25 change fee is charged.
• If the cancellation is made 30-15 days before the program begins: 20% of the net price is charged.
• If the cancellation is made 14 – 8 days before the program begins: 40% of the net price is charged.
• If the cancellation is made 7 – 1 day before the program begins: 80% of the net price is charged.
• If the cancellation is made on the day the program is supposed to start, the full price is being charged, with no refund.
• In case of a break-off during a program that has already started. Students do so at their own expense. There will be no (partial) refunds for days of either the program or the accommodation missed, and neither will the student be able to use them later, unless the partner school accepts a settlement.